WHAT ARE THE SPECIFICS OF THE VALENTINE HILL FARM CSA for 2017?
CSA, (for Community Supported Agriculture) is a way for the food buying public to create a relationship with a farmer and to receive a weekly basket of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables from Valentine Hill Farm. Your membership is an investment in our seasonal planting. Thank you for your support and confidence in our farm and mission to provide healthy, sustainable, chemical-free foods.
Our fall season CSA will begin on the week starting Thursday, October 26, 2017 and run continuously for eight (8) weeks, ending Saturday December 16, 2017. The calendar for pick-up is on the back of this application. If you cannot pick up your share for any given week, please contact us as soon as possible to make alternate arrangements. For example, a family member, neighbor, or friend can pick up, or we can donate your share to a needy family. To contain costs, we can no longer replace shares that are not picked up. We provide a reusable CSA/grocery tote to pack your CSA share each week. Please bring the empty tote back each week in exchange for a full tote. The last empty tote of the season can be dropped off at any market or the farm at the end of the season. Thank you for helping us keep the cost of your share down by returning all reusable totes.
We offer four types of shares: large, large with baked goods, small, and small with baked goods. We use 90% of the USDA recommended vegetable serving for determining share size.
- A large share will provide seasonally available fruits and vegetables for four people.
- A large share with baked goods will additionally include one of our organic bakery items per week.
- A small share will provide seasonally available fruits and vegetables for two people.
- A small share with baked goods will additionally include one of our organic bakery items per week.
- Your share can be picked up at the farmer's markets listed below. Please check the box where you will be picking up. Farm pick-up can also be arranged.
Please note: To contain costs, we can no longer replace shares which are not picked up.